Water is fundamental to life. In areas where it is scarce, children and families are forced to spend hours every day collecting and carrying water. The water may be contaminated with deadly bacteria or parasites. Tragically, hundreds die from drinking dirty water every day. They have no choice - they must drink from the only source of water they have.
Access to safe water provides:
- Hope: A well can reduce child mortality in a community by 65%
- Health: 80% of disease in the developing world is related to contaminated water and poor sanitation
- Food: Irrigation increases yields of most crops by 100% to 400%
- Education: Access to water frees children's time to attend class
- Joy: Time once lost to water collection and illness can now be spent in better ways: learning, playing and growing up
Your clean water charity support will provide children and families with access to safe, clean water through projects like the construction of wells, boreholes, pipelines and programs like education in hygiene and sanitation.
Donate now to provide a community with safe water.