Donating to World Vision Canada
All World Vision Canada supporters who have an email address on their account will now receive their tax receipts via email in late January. We understand this option may not be for everyone. If you prefer to continue receiving printed receipts by mail, let us know by logging in to your my.worldvision.ca account. You can also call us at 1-866-595-5550.
Important Notice: To ensure you receive your digital tax receipt via email, please click here to learn how to safe list World Vision emails.
Have a question? We are here to help!
Check out the Frequently Asked Questions below or contact us.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who will receive a tax receipt?
Individuals, families, groups and businesses who gave an eligible gift of $15 or more in a calendar year will automatically receive a tax receipt. Official tax receipts are not issued to churches, schools and other non-profit organizations. They only need to provide our Charitable Tax Number BN# 119304855RR0001 as support for their charity information return purposes.
Who can claim a tax receipt?
Typically, with the exception of spouses who can claim each other’s tax receipts, only the person whose name is on the tax receipt can claim it. However, you should always seek advice from a tax professional if in doubt.
When will I receive my tax receipt?
Digital tax receipts will be sent via email and available on my.worldvision.ca
accounts in late January. Printed tax receipts are typically mailed out in February.
How can I access my tax receipt online?
If we have your email address on file you will receive an email with a PDF attachment of your tax receipt in late January. To ensure we have your correct email address on file, log in or register for a My World Vision account. With a My World Vision account you’ll also be able to access your tax receipts for the past seven years at any time!
What are the benefits of receiving your tax receipts digitally?
- A PDF attachment of your tax receipt will be sent right to your inbox as soon as it’s available in late January! No more logging in or searching through paperwork when it’s time to do your taxes. Please also note that you can access your tax receipts for the last 7 years on my.worldvision.ca at any time.
- And most of all, World Vision will be able to re-invest the savings from printing and postage into programs that will help even more children – something many of our supporters continue to report as very important to them.
Learn how to add World Vision to your email safe list
How do I add World Vision to my email's safe list so I can ensure I receive my digital tax receipt?
, to ensure you never miss out on any of our emails.
What donations will be included in my upcoming tax receipt?
All eligible donations made on or prior to December 31 will be counted towards your current year’s tax receipt. Eligible Donations being mailed to World Vision must be post-marked December 31 or prior in order to be counted for the current year’s tax receipt.
What if I've lost my tax receipt?
If you require a replacement receipt, you can access up to 7 years of previous receipts by logging into your my.worldvision.ca
account. Or you can call us toll free at 1-866-595-5550 and we will issue you the same receipt.
What if there is an error on my tax receipt?
Call us toll free at 1-866-595-5550 and we will issue you a new receipt. Please note that your original receipt is no longer valid because a new receipt number will be issued and will be indicated that this is a replacement receipt.
What charitable donations are eligible for tax receipts?
- Monetary gifts (e.g. cash gifts) or gifts of property (e.g. shares) may be eligible for donation tax receipt.
- If you receive something (e.g. CD, basketball, etc.) in return for your gifts (known as an “advantage” by Canada Revenue Agency), depending on the fair market value of the advantage, we may issue a receipt for the full amount of the gift less the fair market value of the advantage you received.
- To minimize administrative costs, tax receipts are only issued for eligible donations of $15 or greater.
- Can I donate my service to World Vision and obtain a tax receipt?
- Contributions of services (for example, time, skills, effort) are not property. Therefore, they do not qualify as eligible gifts under the Canada Revenue Agency for the purpose of issuing official donation receipts.
- However, you can still provide a service to us and we pay for the service first and you then choose to donate the money back, where we can issue a receipt for the donation.
Alberta Fundraising Disclosure Statement
World Vision Canada anticipates raising $412 million in total revenue for its community development, emergency relief and advocacy work, of which approximately 13.5% will be used for necessary fundraising. In cases where donations exceed what is needed or where local conditions prevent program implementation, World Vision Canada will redirect funds to similar activities to help people in need. World Vision Canada is federally incorporated and located in Mississauga, Ontario.
For more information, or for a copy of our latest audited financial statements, please visit the Financial Accountability section
of our website, or contact Supporter Care at 1-800-844-7993.
World Vision Canada-Vision Mondiale Canada, Business Registration Number 119304855RR0001, is a registered charity in Canada. All charitable donations to World Vision Canada are tax-receiptable in Canada. Information concerning World Vision Canada, including financial, licensing, or charitable purposes, may be obtained by contacting our principal place of business at: World Vision Canada, 1 World Drive, Mississauga, Ontario L5T 2Y4, or by calling 1-866-595-5550.