Alex Weber(right), founder of Wheels for Wells, and his brother Jonathan at last year’s event. Photo/World Vision Canada
: Wheels for Wells is inviting Calgary residents to bike 10km, 30km, 50km or 90km to raise awareness and funds for the World Vision Canada “Build A Well” project in Sudan.
Worldwide, 660 million people are lacking clean water. Calgary native Alex Weber, 14, believes that providing all of them with this life-giving necessity is an attainable goal. That’s why he created Wheels for Wells, which since 2012 has raised $177,000 for World Vision water projects in Kenya, Somalia, Sudan and Mauritania.
This year, a photo booth and live music will create a festive atmosphere as one community comes together to help another.
: Saturday, June 3rd, 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- 8:30-9:30 a.m. Registration, Special Announcements & Safety Talk!
- 9:30 a.m. Ride Commences (30km, 50km and 90km distances)
- 9:40 a.m. Little Dippers’ technical riding camp for kids ages 4+
- 10:30 a.m. 10 km Family & Kids ride commences
- 11:00 a.m. Lunch served as cyclists return
: Southview Church, Walden Campus 20200 Walden Blvd SE, Calgary, AB