Welcome to the website operated by World Vision Canada (the “Site”).
World Vision Canada may, at its sole discretion, modify or revise these Site Terms & Conditions and its related policies at any time, and you agree to be bound by such modifications. Any modifications will be effective immediately upon posting of the revisions on the Site, and you waive any right you may have to receive specific notice of such modifications. Your continued use of this Site following the posting of changes or modifications will confirm your acceptance of such changes or modifications. Therefore, you should periodically review the Site Terms & Conditions and applicable policies from time-to-time to understand the terms and conditions that apply to your use of the Site.
If you have a question regarding the use of the Site, please contact Customer Service.
World Vision Canada is committed to protecting the privacy of the children and adults living in communities we serve. As part of this commitment, World Vision Canada prohibits the use of any child photos as displayed on the Site on any other websites, whether personal or commercial. World Vision Canada is also committed to protecting the privacy of its donors, supporters, employees, and other stakeholders. For more information on World Vision Canada’s Privacy and Security Policy, please click here Privacy & Security.
The content, data, images, and videos found on this Site are the property of, or under license to, World Vision Canada and may not be redistributed, copied, or modified, altered or used without the express prior written permission of World Vision Canada.
The use of, modification of, or linking to any images, photos, videos, stories and other content found on this Site, or any World Vision website, without the express prior written permission of World Vision Canada is strictly prohibited.
From time to time, the information displayed on this Site or other World Vision websites may be incorrect or incomplete. By using the Site, you agree to hold World Vision Canada, its directors, officers, employees and volunteers, or related affiliates harmless from any damages resulting from any such errors or omissions.
The Site may contain links to other third party websites. World Vision Canada is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any of those third party websites.
Linking to World Vision Canada
We understand that by linking to the Site you are demonstrating support for our goals of working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families, and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
If you do link to our Site, you agree to the following terms:
- The website or other media to which you link our Site (the “Linked Media”):
- Will not contain any content which could be considered offensive or inappropriate for children;
- Will not contain any content which could potentially harm or exploit children, including content which could be considered to promote or depict exploitation and/or abuse of children for any illegal or immoral purpose;
- Will not contain any content that is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent or otherwise objectionable;
- Will not contain any content that may infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party;
- Will not contain any content that impersonates any person or entity or otherwise misrepresents an affiliation with a person or entity;
- Will not contain any personal information of anyone, including, without limitation, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, SIN or credit card numbers;
- Will not contain any content or files that contain or knowingly may contain viruses, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files; and
- Will not contain any content that consists of unsolicited promotions, political campaigning, commercial advertising or business solicitations;
- You will not copy content from the Site without the prior express written consent of World Vision Canada;
- You will not embed any webpage from our Site in a frame; the Site must be viewed in a browser on its own;
- You will not imply that World Vision Canada is endorsing your organization or your products or otherwise misrepresent your relationship with World Vision Canada;
- You will ensure that any text-only link or hyperlink to the Site clearly reads “www.worldvision.ca” or “World Vision Canada”;
- You will not use the Marks (as herein defined) without prior written permission of World Vision Canada.
You agree to immediately remove any link to the Site at the request of World Vision Canada.
No Commercial Activity of Third-Party Products and Services
This Site is for furthering the nonprofit ministry purposes of World Vision. Unless otherwise expressly approved by World Vision Canada, no third party shall advertise or promote its products or services on the Site.
Submission of Suggestions and Ideas to World Vision
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback or other information about the Site or our services (“Submissions”) provided by you to World Vision Canada are not confidential and shall become the sole property of World Vision Canada. World Vision Canada shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these submissions for any purpose, without acknowledgement or compensation to you.
World Vision Canada may at its sole discretion limit access to the Site and/or terminate the accounts of any subscribers, account holders or users who may be in violation of any intellectual property rights of others and whose activities may be in contravention of these Terms & Conditions.
Registration Data & Account Security
In consideration for your use of the Site, you agree to (a) provide accurate, current and complete information about you as may be prompted by any registration or account forms on the Site (“Registration Data”); (b) maintain the security of your password and identification; (c) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data, and any other information you provide to World Vision Canada, to keep it accurate, current and complete; and (d) accept all risks of unauthorized access to the Registration Data and any other information you provide to World Vision Canada.
Limitation Of Liability
In no event shall World Vision Canada, any other World Vision entity, or any of their respective directors, members, employees or agents be liable for any direct, special, indirect or consequential damages, or any other damages of any kind (including but not limited to loss of use, loss of profits or loss of data, whether in an action in contract, tort (including but not limited to negligence) or otherwise) arising out of, or in any way connected with, the use of or inability to use the Site, the services, the content or the materials contained in or accessed through the Site, including without limitation any damages caused by or resulting from reliance by user on any information obtained from World Vision Canada, or that result from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files or email, errors, defects, viruses, delays in operation or transmission or any failure of performance, whether or not resulting from acts of God, communications failure, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to World Vision Canada’s records, programs or services. In no event shall the aggregate liability of World Vision Canada, whether in contract, warranty, tort (including negligence, whether active, passive or imputed), product liability, strict liability or other theory, arising out of or relating to the use of or inability to use the Site or the services or to these Site Terms exceed any compensation you have paid, if any, to World Vision Canada for access to or use of the Site.
The “World Vision” trademarks and trade names along with the other logos, service marks, slogans, and any other indicia for source of goods and services (collectively the “Marks”) and trade dress contained on the Site are, unless otherwise stated, owned and/or used under license by World Vision, Inc., World Vision Canada or their affiliates (collectively “World Vision”) and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of World Vision. You may not use any metatags or any other “hidden text” utilizing the Marks or trade dress of World Vision without our prior written permission. All other trademarks, trade names, logos, service marks and slogans mentioned on the Site are the property of their respective owners. Reference to any third party trademarks, trade names, logos, service marks, products, services, processes, other information or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof by World Vision.
World Vision Canada is committed to digital accessibility, and to conforming to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, Level A and AA and complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) effective communication requirements, and other applicable regulations. For more information related to our Accessibility practices, please visit Accessibility at World Vision Canada.
These Terms & Conditions are subject to change without notice. World Vision Canada reserves the sole right to determine how its resources, the Site and Marks may be used. Decisions regarding third party use and linking are at the sole discretion of World Vision Canada and may be revised or rescinded without prior notice.
Questions and Contact Information
Questions or comments about the Site may be directed via email to Customer Service or by calling us at 1.866.595.5550.
Updated: October 2020