Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact on World Vision operations
In support of public health recommendations outlined by the World Health Organization, some sponsorship program activities have been temporarily suspended due to COVID-19. Activities may include sponsor queries and correspondence, sponsor visits, gift notifications and gift deliveries. These temporary suspensions may affect the information you receive from us in the coming weeks and months. Learn more
about our response to COVID-19.
Canadian sponsors have helped lay a strong foundation in Orange Farm community. Now, our partners overseas are excited that local individuals and leaders, community groups and other organizations will continue to care for children in Orange Farm community without the help of Canadian sponsors.
Thank you for the difference you've made in Orange Farm!
Thanks to the generous support of donors, we have accomplished the following in the past year:
- 70 children are participating in community decisions and advocating for the protection and wellbeing of children
- 1 child parliament is empowering young people to advocate for their rights and participate in community decisions
- 31 spiritual leaders partnered with World Vision Canada to bring positive changes in the lives of children and families
- 99 children received guidance on their spiritual journey to discover, understand and grow their relationship with God
- 239 children received the resources they need to learn including school fees, supplies, books and uniforms
- 1,500 children are developing vital language and motor skills, setting a solid foundation for their education
- 10 young people are participating in clubs focused on developing practical life skills to prepare them for the future
- 348 young people were trained in essential life skills such as critical thinking, self-esteem and communication
- 302 teachers learned child-friendly teaching methods to improve the quality of education for children
Results achieved from October 2017 to September 2018.
SPONSOR A CHILD IN ANOTHER COUNTRY
As World Vision Africa takes over the work in Orange Farm community, Canadian support is no longer needed. Would you consider sponsoring a child in another part of the world?