Sponsored children in Haina are now part of a World Vision sponsorship program that is no longer funded by Canadian donors. Another World Vision partner office will continue to care for children in this area. Thank you for the difference you've made in this community!
Thanks to the generous support of donors, we have accomplished the following in the past year:
- 1,000 community members learned about child rights and protection issues to help ensure children's safety and participation
- 142 children survivors of abuse received support to help them cope with trauma and recover
- 24 people learned how to work with local authorities and influence decisions to improve services and child well-being
- 4 community groups are engaging with local authorities to advance their rights and create positive changes for children
- 4 community groups are in place to protect children by monitoring and reporting child rights violations
- 8 children who dropped out of school were reintegrated to the education system with the help of local volunteers
Health and Nutrition
- 31 parents learned about proper feeding practices and how to keep their children well nourished
- 15 malnourished children were enrolled in nutritional programs and monitored to ensure they are growing healthy
Water, Sanitation and Health
- 200 community members are benefitting from improved latrines and have better access to sanitation
- 40 new latrines are granting families better access to sanitation and helping to protect children from illness
- 49 people learned about the importance of water safety, proper sanitation and hygiene to stay healthy
Results achieved from October 2017 to September 2018; Results achieved in partnership with other World Vision offices.
SPONSOR A CHILD IN ANOTHER COUNTRY
As another World Vision partner office takes over work in Haina, support from Canadian sponsors is no longer needed. Would you consider sponsoring a child in another part of the world?