Our constant endeavor is to impact lives where we can be most effective. As we assess our focus in various areas of the world where we work, we have identified communities in far greater need than Okan Ere. For this reason, Canadian sponsorship in Okan Ere is ending. Thank you for the strong foundation you’ve helped lay in this community!
Thanks to the generous support of donors, we have accomplished the following in the past year:
- 1,645 community members learned about child rights and protection issues to help ensure children's safety and participation
- 3 children survivors of abuse received support to help them cope with trauma and recover
- 30 people learned how to work with local authorities and influence decisions to improve services and child well-being
- 175 young people were trained in essential life skills such as critical thinking, self-esteem and communication
- 26 teachers learned child-friendly teaching methods to improve the quality of education for children
Results achieved from October 2017 to September 2018.
SPONSOR A CHILD IN ANOTHER COUNTRY
As World Vision Canada redirects its focus on communities in greater need, would you consider sponsoring a child in another part of the world?