The event was hosted by the World Vision Multicultural Council, a group of 12 ambassadors that work with diaspora communities here in Canada to help children and families around the world.
Prominent community members with ties to countries like the Philippines, India, China, Armenia and Egypt were present to hear about how World Vision is working in their countries of heritage to bring lasting change for children, and how they can be involved with having an even bigger impact.
"Guests and participants at the event were passionate about supporting endeavours to help children around the world. I am honoured to be part of this initiative, and to support World Vision in this wonderful project and the great causes they advocate for."
-Dr. Doaa Mohsen, World Vision Multicultural Council Ambassador
"World Vision is a partner, and always seeking opportunities for long-term engagement in areas where we can make a real difference. Our multicultural ambassadors, and the Canadians they connect with, provide feedback on strategic policies, programs and initiatives. They bring to the table a perspective only they can provide. In return, we offer the chance to stay closely connected to development work in countries for which they care deeply. Together we play an active and critical role in caring for the world's most vulnerable children, through partnership."
- Lara Dewar, Chief Marketing and Development Officer, World Vision Canada
"It's important to have events like this, to bring all the different cultures that we can together. We are a multicultural nation so it's important to get connected with all groups that we can, particularly to ensure we can help the next generation."
- Joe Daniel, Vice-Chair, World Vision Multicultural Council
WHAT CANADIANS CAN DO:
- World Vision is one of Canada's leading development organizations, working in nearly 100 countries around the world and providing assistance to more than 100 million people.
- World Vision sees an important role for members of the ethnic diaspora in Canada, as those with a unique understanding for the challenges and opportunities in their home countries.
- The Multicultural Council Ambassadors are Canadian community members who work closely with World Vision as a link between their country of origin and World Vision's work around the globe.
to find more information on World Vision's work around the world.