All World Vision Canada supporters who have an email address on their account will now receive their tax receipts via email in January.
Last year, thanks to sending tax receipts by email, rather than printing, we saved almost $200,000. So, your support can go even further as those savings were reinvested directly into programs that will assist even more children and their families.
We understand this option may not be for everyone. If you prefer to continue receiving printed receipts by mail, let us know by logging in to your my.worldvision.ca account. You can also call us at 1-866-595-5550.
Important Notice: To ensure you receive your digital tax receipt via email, please click here to learn how to safe list World Vision emails.
Have a question? We are here to help!
Check out the Frequently Asked Questions below or contact us.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who will receive a tax receipt?
Individuals, families, groups and businesses who gave an eligible gift of $15 or more in a calendar year will automatically receive a tax receipt. Official tax receipts are not issued to churches, schools and other non-profit organizations. They only need to provide our Charitable Tax Number BN# 119304855RR0001 as support for their charity information return purposes.
Who can claim a tax receipt?
Typically, with the exception of spouses who can claim each other’s tax receipts, only the person whose name is on the tax receipt can claim it. However, you should always seek advice from a tax professional if in doubt.
When will I receive my tax receipt?
Digital tax receipts will be sent via email and available on my.worldvision.ca
accounts in January. Printed tax receipts are typically mailed out in February.
How can I access my tax receipt online?
If we have your email address on file you will receive an email in January. To ensure we have your correct email address on file, log in or register for a My World Vision account. With a My World Vision account you’ll also be able to access your tax receipts for the past seven years at any time!
What are the benefits of receiving your tax receipts digitally?
- It's about more than simply cutting costs. Last year we saved almost $200,000 thanks to donors who switched to digital, rather than printed, tax receipts. Those savings were reinvested directly into programs that will assist even more children and their families – something many of our supporters continue to report as very important to them.
- And don’t forget you also have the convenience of accessing any receipts issued to you within the last 7 years through your my.worldvision.ca account.
I’m having difficulty printing my World Vision digital tax receipt. What should I do?
Some donors have experienced problems printing their tax receipt, primarily due to web browser or printer compatibility issues. Please follow these steps to successfully print your tax receipt:
- Save the PDF attached to the email you received to your computer. Or, from your My World Vision online account, click on VIEW PDF to automatically download a digital copy of the tax receipt to your computer.
- Go to the folder where your receipt is saved and open it using Adobe Acrobat Reader®. If you don’t have a copy of Acrobat Reader® on your computer, a free version is available here.
- When the file is open, select Print from the toolbar or file menu.
- Select Fit under size options, then print.
If you are still having trouble printing your tax receipt, please call us at 1-866-595-5550. We would be happy to mail a copy of your receipt to you.
Learn how to add World Vision to your email safe list
How do I add World Vision to my email's safe list so I can ensure I receive my digital tax receipt?
, to ensure you never miss out on any of our emails.
What donations will be included in my upcoming tax receipt?
All eligible donations made on or prior to December 31 will be counted towards your current year’s tax receipt. Eligible Donations being mailed to World Vision must be post-marked December 31 or prior in order to be counted for the current year’s tax receipt.
Due to high volume of mailed donations and processing time during the Holiday season, your donation made late-December might not show up in your annual receipt issued early January. Instead a separate receipt will be issued to you, which you will also be able to include it in your yearly charitable donations. Don’t forget you also have the convenience of accessing any receipts issued to you within the last 7 years through your my.worldvision.ca
Why did I receive 2 (or more) receipts from World Vision?
If you sent us a donation via mail late-December it is possible that your donation was not processed on time to be captured in your annual receipt which is issued early January. You will still receive a separate receipt for your mailed donation which you can use for tax purposes.
A separate receipt for the donations not captured in your annual receipt will be issued to you as soon as it’s processed in our systems.
What if I've lost my tax receipt?
If you require a replacement receipt, you can access up to 7 years of previous receipts by logging into your my.worldvision.ca
account. Or you can call us toll free at 1-866-595-5550 and we will issue you a duplicate receipt.
What if there is an error on my tax receipt?
Call us toll free at 1-866-595-5550 and we will issue you a new receipt. Please note that your original receipt is no longer valid because a new receipt number will be issued and will be indicated that this is a replacement receipt.
What charitable donations are eligible for tax receipts?
- Monetary gifts (e.g. cash gifts) or gifts of property (e.g. shares) may be eligible for donation tax receipt.
- If you receive something (e.g. CD, basketball, etc.) in return for your gifts (known as an “advantage” by Canada Revenue Agency), depending on the fair market value of the advantage, we may issue a receipt for the full amount of the gift less the fair market value of the advantage you received.
- To minimize administrative costs, tax receipts are only issued for eligible donations of $15 or greater.
- Can I donate my service to World Vision and obtain a tax receipt?
- Contributions of services (for example, time, skills, effort) are not property. Therefore, they do not qualify as eligible gifts under the Canada Revenue Agency for the purpose of issuing official donation receipts.
- However, you can still provide a service to us and we pay for the service first and you then choose to donate the money back, where we can issue a receipt for the donation.
Alberta Fundraising Disclosure Statement
In this fiscal year, World Vision Canada anticipates raising $431 million in total revenue for its community development, emergency relief and advocacy work, of which approximately 15.9% will be used for necessary fundraising. In cases where donations exceed what is needed or where local conditions prevent program implementation, World Vision Canada will redirect funds to similar activities to help people in need. World Vision Canada is federally incorporated and located in Mississauga, Ontario.
For more information, or for a copy of our latest audited financial statements, please visit the Financial Accountability section
of our website, or contact Supporter Care at 1-800-844-7993.
World Vision Canada-Vision Mondiale Canada, Business Registration Number 119304855RR0001, is a registered charity in Canada. All charitable donations to World Vision Canada are tax-receiptable in Canada. Information concerning World Vision Canada, including financial, licensing, or charitable purposes, may be obtained by contacting our principal place of business at: World Vision Canada, 1 World Drive, Mississauga, Ontario L5T 2Y4, or by calling 1-866-595-5550.