There are two types of people in this world: those who finish their Christmas shopping by Thanksgiving and those who don’t. Whatever side you’re on, we know that finding the perfect gift for everyone on your list can be a challenge, especially if you have no clue where to even begin. That’s why we’ve rounded up a list of Christmas gift ideas that we love to give and receive. Here you’ll find Christmas gift ideas for her, gift ideas for him and even ideas for gifts that give back – everything you need to wrap up your Christmas shopping in no time.
- Gifts that give back
- Christmas gift ideas for her
- Christmas gift ideas for him
- Christmas gift ideas for friends
- Christmas gift ideas for kids
- DIY Christmas gifts
- Did we miss anyone?
1. Gifts that give back
Before World Vision came into their village, there was little hope in Moyo, Zambia. Today, thanks to the generosity of our supporters, children like Debby (far left) and her friends Beatrice, Adam, Lightwell and Brendah, have what they need to grow up healthy. Photo: Laura Reinhardt
Gifts from the World Vision Gift Catalogue give children and their families the resources they need to thrive, ensure artisans receive fair wages for their work and provide necessities like clean water and medical supplies to communities that need them most. And when you give gifts that give back, you’ll discover the joy behind the saying “It’s better to give than to receive.”
2. Christmas gift ideas for her
Find the perfect gift for the special woman on your list.
They say it’s the thought that counts, so we’ve put a lot of thought into our Christmas gift guide for the most important women in your life. Whether you’re in need of Christmas gift ideas for mom, your spouse, sister (or all of them) we bet she’ll be thrilled to unwrap one of these:
- Jewelry: Bigger doesn’t always have to be better. Understated jewelry like Mejuri’s Honey Ring add just enough sparkle to everyday outfits, enhancing her natural shine.
- Home accessories: Give her a beautiful mirrored jewelry box for storing her treasures or a whimsical llama planter to add charm to any room.
- Spa and beauty products: Pamper her from head to toe with gifts that make her feel just as good as she looks. Luxurious bath bombs, a jade facial roller and essential oil diffusers are a great way to help her create her very own spa in the comfort of home.
- Journals and planners: Choose a bullet journal with dotted or blank pages, or a structured planner to keep track of everything from goals and accomplishments to habits like sleep, exercise and water intake.
- Something cozy: She won’t even notice that the weather outside is frightful because these cozy presents, like a pair of touchscreen-enabled gloves, or a stylish fleece throw blanket, are so delightful!
3. Christmas gift ideas for him
We can’t predict how your guys will react when they open their gifts, but it might look something like this … if you follow our gift guide.
When did you become a mind-reader? That’s the question the men in your life will ask you after unwrapping the gift they’ve been hoping for. Start practicing your humble smile now because our Christmas gift ideas for dad, significant other, brother, uncle and all the other men in your life will have everyone rocking around the Christmas tree!
4. Christmas gift ideas for friends
Take the guesswork out of Christmas shopping with our comprehensive gift guide.
You’re so good at reading your best friend’s thoughts, you could say it’s a gift
. See what we did there? This Christmas, surprise your BFF with a present as awesome as they are.
- A shared experience: Add new memories to your friendship bank with activities you can do together. This can take a bit of planning ahead on your part, but your bestie is worth it, right? Consider getting concert tickets to see their favourite singer or band, planning a game night or outing to an escape room, or even taking a general interest class together, like cooking or photography. Get creative and have fun!
- Subscription boxes and memberships: Who doesn’t like to get a little gift out of the blue? With subscription boxes, you can surprise your BFF with new, curated goodies like vegan-friendly lifestyle items and snacks, healthy meals or designer outfits throughout the year. Amazon Prime and Spotify memberships also make great gifts.
- Make-up with a heart: Mica is a widely used mineral that adds shimmer to many make-up products. Unfortunately, it’s also connected to child labour. You and your girl squad can help break the chain of child labour by switching to ethical, Canadian make-up brands like Pure Anada and Haut Cosmetics.
5. Christmas gift ideas for kids
Sponsored girl Rosemary, 10, and her friends and family hang up Christmas lights on a hut next to her home in Moyo ADP, Zambia. (Photo: Jon Warren)
We’ve written a list (and checked it twice) of some Christmas gift ideas the little ones in your life will love.
- Educational toys: We love toys that are fun and stimulate young minds at the same time! This adorable cutting fruit set from Melissa & Doug lets young kids play pretend while learning about concepts of part, whole and fractions. And here’s a board game that teaches older children the basics of coding by having them race their robots around a track that they map out themselves.
- Toys that spark creativity: Is there anything that sparks the imagination better than the classic Lego set? We’re talking about the kind that we all played with as kids – assorted bricks of every size and colour that pushed our imagination to its limit. If your child has an artistic flair, you may want to get them a paint set that includes everything they need to get their creative groove on. And, because all the paints are washable, you don’t have to worry about doing any permanent damage to the walls, the cupboards, their clothes, their faces, we could go on…
6. DIY Christmas gifts
Not all presents have to be store bought. Why not try your hand at making something from scratch?
If you’re the type who likes to add a personal touch to every gift you give, these are some ideas to help jumpstart your creative juices.
- Baked treats: Whether you’re using an old family recipe or need a little help from Canada’s baking sweetheart, everyone will know that your secret ingredient is love.
- Personalized gifts: Embroider or engrave a personal message on a keepsake item to make it even more special.
- Photo books: Part album, part scrapbook, a photo book is a beautiful way to showcase and share your favourite memories. With so many styles and layout options to choose from, this is one gift you might be tempted to keep for yourself.
7. Did we miss anyone?
Here are some more ideas to make sure we didn’t leave anyone off your list.
With all these ideas…we hope not! But, if you’re still scrambling for last-minute gift Christmas gift ideas, we’ve got you covered.
- Foodies: These days, it seems like there’s a gadget for pretty much every purpose in the kitchen. A knife sharpener (we really like this electric one), a 3-in-1 avocado slicer that’s getting rave reviews, or the much-coveted Instant Pot will have the foodie on your list dreaming of all the new recipes they’re going to try, from now until next Christmas.
- Students: Organization is key to a successful student life, so we love gifts like this minimalist business planner to keep all those assignments in check and this set of colourful expanding file folders to hold everything together.
- Friends in the service industry: Postal workers, waste collectors, your favourite barista. They’re just a few examples of the many people you regularly interact with everyday. Show them your appreciation with delectable chocolates from our growing list of certified fair-trade chocolate producers.