Our constant endeavor is to impact lives where we can be most effective. As we assess our focus in various areas of the world where we work, we have identified communities in far greater need than Muchila. For this reason, Canadian sponsorship in Muchila is ending. Thank you for the strong foundation you’ve helped lay in this community!
Thanks to the generous support of donors, we have accomplished the following in the past year:
- 431 children received birth certificates, ensuring their access to basic rights and services like health and schooling
- 3 spiritual leaders partnered with World Vision Canada to bring positive changes in the lives of children and families
- 55 teachers learned child-friendly teaching methods to improve the quality of education for children
- 2 schools were renovated to create a safer and stimulating learning environment for students
- 150 sets of teaching resources like stories were developed locally so children can learn from culturally relevant content
- 2,227 children are getting extra help to improve their reading and writing through camps and classes
- 346 adults received vocational, business and finance training, improving their opportunities to earn a steady income
- 11 farmers learned techniques to improve crop and livestock production to better provide for their children and families
- 1,510 people are part of savings groups, helping them meet their financial needs and access small loans
- 100 savings groups are helping children and adults save money and access loans to grow businesses or cover basic expenses
- 18 people were trained on practices to preserve and manage the environment and its resources
Water, Sanitation and Health
- 3,690 people have safe water for drinking and cooking thanks to improved water sources
- 2,225 community members are benefitting from improved latrines and have better access to sanitation
- 445 new latrines are granting families better access to sanitation and helping to protect children from illness
- 1,303 people learned about the importance of water safety, proper sanitation and hygiene to stay healthy
- 17 committees are promoting sanitary behaviours and managing water supply systems to ensure long term access to clean water
Results achieved from October 2017 to September 2018.
SPONSOR A CHILD IN ANOTHER COUNTRY
As World Vision redirects its focus on communities in greater need, would you consider sponsoring a child in another part of the world?