Become a Team Lead Volunteer
Are you a special events volunteer with strong leadership skills and love connecting with people? Do you have the desire to lead others? If your answer is YES, then we have an amazing opportunity for you.
As a Team Lead Volunteer, you will be the connection between the volunteers and the Regional Volunteer Coordinators at events and fundraisers. Your assistance will provide the leadership required to ensure events run smoothly and provide support to volunteers so they have the best experience possible.
You will meet new people, use your leadership skills, and learn new skills while having fun at events and fundraising opportunities in your community.
- Must be a special event volunteer with leadership experience and familiarity with the World Vision child sponsorship program
- A current child sponsor
- 18 years of age or older Support World Vision fundraising initiatives
- Assist at 8-10 Special Events per year, depending on your region Recruit five new Special Event Volunteers annually
- Leadership experience
- Works well in a team
- Ability to adapt to change, inspire others and lead by example
- Available evenings and weekends
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Passionate, driven and creative
- Social media savvy
Become a Team Lead Volunteer Today!
- Contribute to success of the Special Event Volunteer program and the work of World Vision Canada
- Raise awareness in your community by hosting or attending fundraisers promoting the work of World Vision
- Meet new like-minded people, learn new skills and have fun at events and fundraisers in your community
- Gain experience and life skills in leadership, volunteer management, fundraising and public relations
Frequently Asked Questions
What will I be doing?
Every event is different and our volunteer coordinators will be able to provide details prior to the start of the event. In many cases, youll be interacting with event attendees, answering questions about child sponsorship, or helping interested individuals fill outthe appropriate information. You might also be asked to help with set-up and tear-down, information tables, or merchandise sales.
Are there specific requirements to be a Special Events volunteer?
We are looking for friendly, outgoing and approachable people to help at our special events. Youll need to be available on evenings and/or weekends, and we ask our volunteers to commit to helping at 4-6 special events per year.
Do I need to be a World Vision sponsor to volunteer at a special event?
No – if you understand and appreciate the sponsorship program and its goals, you can be a volunteer! Well provide you with training and everything you need to share the impact of child sponsorship with other passionate world-changers across Canada.
Will I have a seat at the event?
In most instances, you will be able to volunteer and enjoy the event at no charge. However, in the case of a sold-out event, space may be limited and access to a seat may not be possible.