We love getting to know people from all walks of life, wherever they live, work or play – and our canvassers help us make that first connection.
Our door-to-door canvassers are easy to spot in their World Vision branded apparel. Photo: Anne Lee
World Vision door-to-door canvassers can be easily identified by their name tags, logoed clothing and identification badges. They are also equipped with electronic tablets to help them process donor information quickly and safely.
If a canvasser claims to be a World Vision Canada representative but is not wearing these items, you can take the following actions:
- Ask to see their identification. All World Vision canvassers are issued ID badges, which they should present upon request.
- Call us at 1.866.595.5550 to verify the canvasser’s identity.
- Call the police if they refuse to comply with your request to see their badge and/or you have verified with us that the canvasser is not one of our representatives.
World Vision canvassers are not authorized to
- ask for or accept cash;
- knock on your door after 8:30 PM; or
- pressure you to donate or listen to their solicitation. If you prefer to donate over the phone, please call us at 1.866.595.5550 and a customer care representative will be happy to assist you.
Our canvassers can be found in mall booths talking to Canadians about the benefits
of child sponsorship. Photo: World Vision
In addition to canvassing door-to-door, we also engage with the public in malls and event venues. Our friendly mall canvassers
- wear their World Vision lanyard in a visible place;
- may wear World Vision branded apparel;
- are trained to speak on our behalf about our mission and the benefits of child sponsorship;
- can answer your questions about the benefits of child sponsorship;
- help you get started on your sponsorship journey right away; and
- remain within the physical boundary of our World Vision branded booth.
If you have any questions about our retail canvassing program, please use the Live Chat feature or call us at
Street canvassing is another method of face-to-face fundraising we use to talk to the public about the benefits of child sponsorship. Our street canvassers receive training so they can speak confidently on our behalf about the benefits of child sponsorship and can answer your questions on how to get started.
Our street canvassers
- wear World Vision Canada branded gear, including a visible ID with badge number;
- will never pressure you to donate or listen to their solicitation;
- never ask for or accept cash donations; and
- will not be on the street after 9 PM.
We love to hear your feedback about our canvassing program and our canvassers. Please use the Live Chat feature or give us a call at 1.866.595.5550 to share your compliments and comments about our program.