A very happy Canada 150. Contest winner Celina Close (right) with Canadian icon Tom Cochrane (middle) and World Vision Canada Chief Marketing Officer Lara Dewar (left) on Canada Day in Kitchener, Ontario. Photo/World Vision
World Vision Canada is pleased to announce that Oakville, Ontario resident Celina Close is the lucky winner of the Mad Mad World 25th Anniversary Fan Contest
. As part of the prize, she will embark on a trip of a lifetime to Nepal this fall with Canadian music legend and humanitarian Tom Cochrane.
The trip will be more than an opportunity to experience one of the most beautiful places on earth, it will be a chance to learn about how Canadians can help some of the world’s most vulnerable children.
"Life Is a Highway
continues to be a pep talk to myself that you can't change the world as a single individual in one fell swoop. But as each of us travels the road of life we can all spread some goodwill and love along the way. I can’t wait to take this inspirational trip to Nepal with Celina. It’s a journey I wish all Canadians could take to help them realize the power of good we all have and the meaningful difference we all can make,” says Tom Cochrane
, World Vision Celebrity Ambassador
'Winning this trip is an absolute honor and a wish come true. The chance to travel with Tom Cochrane and World Vision is truly a once in a lifetime experience. I can’t wait to see beautiful Nepal and meet the people who live there, it’ll be a great opportunity for spiritual growth and I can’t wait to learn more about how to help those who are in the greatest need,” says Celina Close, winner of the Mad Mad World 25th
- Tom Cochrane travelled to Africa with World Vision in 1989, the trip inspired the hit song “Life is a Highway”, beginning a journey of more than 25 years of dedicated humanitarian work
- 2017 marks the 25th Anniversary of Tom Cochrane’s hit album, Mad Mad World
- More than half of the population of Nepal are children under 18. Extreme poverty is widespread, increasing vulnerability to exploitation including child labour and child marriage
- Link to 25 Years on the Highway, a documentary on Tom Cochrane’s humanitarian efforts: HERE
- More information on World Vision’s work in Nepal and how Canadians can help: HERE