This week, Cosette Swart, 4, possibly the youngest member of Canada's art community is holding her first gallery showing in her hometown of Calgary. Compared to Jackson Pollack, her pieces sell for hundreds of dollars, and go faster than she can create them. The three-day gallery exhibit consists of 20 of her colourful works. This event, hosted in partnership with World Vision, gives Canadians a glimpse of some of her new works along with paintings that generated much discussion earlier this year, showing how this young prodigy was changing the world one brush stroke at a time.
Cosette donates the proceeds of her work to charitable causes, including the World Vision Gift Catalogue that gives Canadians the opportunity to help families and communities around the world through their gift-giving. Members of the public are invited to the free exhibit being held June 25-June 27 daily 10 a.m.-6p.m. at Manning Centre, 514 11 Ave SW, Calgary.
"I'm nervous and excited to lead people around showing them my paintings because I like being a leader. I want other people to please help the poor people."
- Cosette Swart, 4-year-old artist
"Cosette's art, and the buzz she's created in the art world is fascinating. Equally amazing is that at age four she recognizes the needs of others, and is using her talent as a way to help children around the world. We're such fans of Cosette and are impressed with her heart to help people through the World Vision Gift Catalogue."
- Barbara Acampado, World Vision Gift Catalogue manager
Cosette or Kristy-Anne (Cosette's mom) Swart
Barbara Acampado, World Vision Gift Catalogue manager
What Canadians can do:
- Cosette has been painting for a year. She has sold over 70 paintings and has raised thousands of dollars for charities including the World Vision Gift Catalogue.
- Cosette picked the World Vision Gift Catalogue because she can watch the videos on the website, and she understands what it means for a family to receive a World Vision gift.
- Cosette's story captivated the hearts and minds of Canadians earlier this year through extensive media coverage on Canada AM, in National Post and on Global News, to name a few.
Buy an art piece from Cosette or something for a family or community in need from the World Vision Gift Catalogue as Cosette has done.
Image with caption:
"Four-year-old Cosette Swart poses with one of her new pieces that is displayed at her first exhibit. (World Vision Canada)". Image available HERE