Are you a special events volunteer with strong leadership skills and love connecting with people?
Do you have the desire to lead others? If you said YES, then we have an amazing opportunity for you.
As a Team Lead volunteer, you will be the connection between the volunteers and the Regional Volunteer Coordinators at events and fundraisers. Your assistance will provide the leadership required to ensure events run smoothly and provide support to volunteers so they have the best experience possible.
You will meet new people, use your leadership skills and learn new skills while having fun at events and fundraising opportunities in your community.
- Must be a special event volunteer, with leadership experience, and familiar with the World Vision child sponsorship program.
- A current child sponsor
- 18 years of age or older
- Support World Vision fundraising initiatives
- Assist at 8-10 Special Events per year – depending on your region
- Recruit 5 new Special Event Volunteers annually
- Leadership experience
- Works well in a team
- Ability to adapt to change, inspire others and lead by example.
- Available evenings and weekends
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Passionate, driven and creative
- Social media savvy
- Contribute to success of the Special Event Volunteer program and the work of World Vision Canada.
- Raise awareness in your community by hosting or attending fundraisers promoting the work of World Vision.
- Meet new like-minded people, learn new skills and have fun at events and fundraisers in your community.
- Gain experience and life skills in leadership, volunteer management, fundraising and public relations.