VANCOUVER, May 1, 2015 -
A Kids Run to raise awareness and funds to help World Vision
stop child trafficking in Southeast Asia.
WHEN: Saturday May 2nd, 2015
- Run start time 11 a.m. sharp!
- Run finish line & post-race party 11:30 a.m. – 1pm.
: Kids fun run
in Ceperley Park as part of the BMO Vancouver Marathon.
Details on the route can be found here
WHO: Media will have an opportunity to interact with kids who are running in support of the millions of vulnerable children throughout Southeast Asia who are at risk of trafficking.
- Canadian actress Erin Karpluk will be cheering on the children.
- World Vision spokesperson Brett Tarver will be on hand to discuss child trafficking.
- Large group of kids forming a wave of orange hats, orange shirts, orange tattoos all the way down to orange shoe laces.
- Photo op & interviews with World Vision celebrity ambassador Erin Karpluk.
- Crowd of Vancouverites, including a group of proud parents cheering for the kids all the way to the finish line.
World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. Visit our News Centre worldvision.ca