“Bunnies distribute ethical Easter chocolate” Media Event
WHAT: World Vision bunnies tempt Vancouverites with two types of chocolate to raise awareness of child labour in the cocoa industry.
WHEN: Tuesday, March 31 (8 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.)
WHERE: Robson Square (800 Robson Street downtown Vancouver)
HOW: Media will have an opportunity to interact with not one, but two, unique Easter bunnies.
- The World Vision Bunny will offer Vancouverites a basket of ethically certified chocolate goodies from World Vision’s Good Chocolate Guide.
- The Bitter Chocolate Bunny will attempt to lure Vancouverites with a basket of generic chocolate eggs. WARNING: they may contain child labour!
—World Vision’s No Child For Sale
campaign manager, will be on location to speak with media. Cheryl can share the hard facts about the two million exploited children toiling in the cocoa industry, Canada’s child labour habit, and what Canadians can do about it.
VISUALS: An experience Vancouver won’t soon forget!
- World Vision Bunny with basket of good chocolate eggs.
- Bitter Chocolate Bunny with basket of questionable eggs.
- Enticing, ethically-sourced chocolates.
- Mounds of generic chocolate.
- World Vision volunteers with floppy bunny ears.
- Vancouverites doing a chocolate taste test.
FOR INTERVIEWS CONTACT:
World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. Visit our News Centre worldvision.ca